The office of Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez is hiring for a Queens Constituent Liaison & Field Representative.
Essential Job Functions: As a member of our district team, the Queens Constituent Liaison & Field Representative:
- manages and conducts constituent casework related to the federal government; and
- serves as a liaison with the community and local stakeholders
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Constituent Liaison Responsibilities
- Identify federal cases and reach out to the appropriate agencies on behalf of constituents
- For non-federal cases, connect constituents to the appropriate local resources
- Learn and stay up-to-date with the most common constituent issue areas
- Build relationships with federal, state, and local agencies and staffers
- Elevate notable cases, case outcomes, and casework trends
Field Representative Duties
- Attend monthly community board meetings and provide remarks on behalf of the office
- Work with the district office team to ensure the Congresswoman and office have an equitable presence across all areas of the district
- Build relationships with local stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on local issues
- Participate in supporting monthly town halls, either in person or via tele-conference
The Ideal Candidate:
- is collaborative, progressive, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment, in which they are challenged to lean into visionary and intersectional thinking, looking to transform our society and economy
- has a set of lived and professional experiences that equip them to serve the residents of New York’s 14th congressional district and firmly believes that every person has a contribution to make
- is able to work well and is calm under pressure; possesses strong oral and written communication skills; and is available to work longer hours, as needed, in collaboration with multiple departments
People from BIPOC, LGBT+, working class, and/or other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as people with ties to NY-14.
In-district residency and Spanish language skills are highly preferred.
Location and Work Environment: The constituent liaison duties take place in our Queens office. While the field representative duties take place throughout the district. COVID 19 precautions and remote work is expected for the immediate time frame.
Compensation: $52,000 along with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, federal student loan payment (terms apply), and paid family leave.
How to Apply: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please fill out the application here: https://airtable.com/shrlswcoP4cdB0eLO. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact you if we decide to move forward with your application. Please no calls, direct emails, or walk-ins.