Need Emergency Rental Assistance? Funds are almost fully committed for this program. To find out if you are eligible for remaining assistance please visit Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
NYCHA. If you live in a NYCHA unit and you are a constituent of NY-14, our office is available to assist with certain matters, including looking into overdue maintenance issues. Contact our office at 718-662-5970 or visit our website to fill out the Casework Request form.
Need affordable housing? NYC Housing Connect is New Yorkers' portal to find and apply for affordable housing opportunities across the five boroughs of New York City. Visit the NYC Housing Connect website for more.
Need help filling out forms for affordable housing? Housing ambassadors can also assist with the application process for various affordable housing opportunities. Visit the City’s Housing Ambassadors website to get connected.
Facing landlord harassment? Call 311 and ask for the ‘tenant helpline.’ Visit the City’s Tenant Resource Portal webpage for more information.
If you need legal assistance,visit the City’s webpage on Legal Services for Tenants.
If you’re a homeowner, there are also resources available for you.
- Have a tenant that’s not paying rent? You may be eligible for funds made available by Congress through the American Rescue Plan. Click this link to apply for rental assistance. Or click to this link to community organizations in The Bronx & Queens that can help you apply for rental assistance.
- Facing foreclosure or need help with the mortgage?
- The state has a program that can offer some relief. Visit the state’s website to read more on Information on Mortgage Forbearance and How to ‘Pause’ Your Mortgage Payments.
- If you have a federally backed mortgage, you can also access relief through the federal government. Visit the CFPB website to Learn About Forbearance.
- Finally, Congress also recently passed the Homeowner’s Assistance Fund to provide help to homeowners who are struggling with the mortgage, facing foreclosure or utility shut-off. The state is expected to set up this program soon.
- Need help with repairs? Visit the City’s webpage to learn more about Homeowner Repair Grants and Loans.