Our office is hiring! See below for open positions.
Wounded Warrior Fellow
Our office has been accepted to the Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program. This program will fund a veteran for a 2-year fellowship with our team.
The position pays $52,000/year with benefits, and will be based out of our district office in The Bronx or Queens. The Wounded Warrior Fellow will join our team as a caseworker and field representative, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Provide constituents with tools and resources to address their concerns
- Manage constituent intake via phone, email, or in person to ensure an open line of communication with our community
- Attend community events and meetings on behalf of the office and share notable community updates
- Support in monthly town halls
- Meet with community members and organizations
Eligibility requirements for the fellowship include (NO WAIVERS WILL BE GRANTED):
- Must be a veteran - Honorably discharged
- Released from active duty within the last five years
- Pay grades at or below E-5 or O-3
- 20% or greater service connected disability rating (Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement)
- Veterans who are in receipt of a 20-year or Temporary Early Retirement (TERA) retirement are not eligible for the program
To apply, visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586500100