Passport Requests


In the past few weeks, our offices have been receiving an increased request to expedite people’s passports. Unfortunately, the State Department is extremely backlogged and it is very difficult to help procure passports on short-timelines unless it is a life or death situation.  Please see the Department of State’s criteria for expedited passport applications here.

If your relative passed away or is ill and you need to travel as soon as possible but you have an expired passport, please contact our office so we may contact the Passport Agency. You will need to submit an expedited request and provide us with the application control number, a screenshot of your purchased flight and evidence of an ill or deceased relative (i.e., a medical document that must be translated in English by a certified translator) and evidence of the relationship to the ill or deceased relative.

If it is not a life or death situation, but you need to travel quickly,  you can contact our office and we can help you submit an expedited request to renew your passport. Please note, even expedited requests can take up to 12 weeks.

Before you book your travel, we also encourage you to look up travel restrictions. Visit, click on the "International Travel" tab and scroll down. On the right hand side, you will find a search bar where you may type the country you are visiting. Updated information on the travel guidance will be provided.