The office of Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez has a dedicated team of caseworkers located in The Bronx and Queens that assist constituents with many federal services. Some services we can help with:
- Social Security claims
- Medicare and Medicaid claims
- Passport requests
- Applications to FEMA’s disaster relief program for Hurricane Ida victims or to FEMA’s funeral reimbursement program for COVID-19 victims
- SBA loans
- Veterans benefits
- Claiming the Child Tax Credit and other IRS issues
Unfortunately our office is generally not able to assist with….
- Starting an immigration case. If you are beginning an immigration process, we recommend that you seek guidance from an immigration lawyer. New York City’s Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs offers all New Yorkers free and safe immigration legal services through ActionNYC. To make an appointment, call the ActionNYC Hotline at 800-354-0365 or call 311 and say “ActionNYC” between 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. For more resources visit our Immigration Page.
- Finding affordable housing or dealing with a difficult landlord. If you live in a NYCHA unit and you are a constituent of NY-14, our office is available to assist with certain matters. We can also connect you with City and State offices that help with affordable housing or emergency rental assistance. Otherwise, please visit our Housing Page, for more information.